The first Cherryville Community Hall was built in 1934; this marked the beginning of the Cherryville Community Club, which became a registered society in May 1961. The founding directors were Joseph Myers, Charlie Sihlis, Joyce Sihlis, Sid Draper and Ruth Sihlis.
The objects of the society were and are (as reproduced, in part, from the society’s bylaws):
a.To maintain, operate and conduct a community centre and to promote the best interests of the community and people of
Cherryville and environs.
b.To acquire buildings or lands for the purpose of creating facilities for entertainment, meetings or sports.
c.To receive and hold gifts, donations, legacies and devices.
d.To build up community spirit and to engage in work of a moral, benevolent, charitable, philanthropic and community service nature.
e.To engage in work of an educational, cultural and recreational nature.
Since 1961, too many people to name have carried on and maintained the Cherryville Community Club. It has run without disruption since it began – quite an achievement for a small community. The Club is caretaker of the wonderful Cherryville Community Hall and community park, Hanson Park, both of which would make any community, large or small, proud to have in their community or town.
Cherryville remains a very strongly-knit community with residents displaying endless amounts of enthusiasm and willingness to get involved. The Club hosts the annual Cherryville Days, a community fundraising celebration.
Monthly meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. at the Cherryville Community Hall, which is at the corner of North Fork & Specht Roads. A nominal annual membership fee of $1.00 is required, and every member of the community is invited and welcomed to meetings.
Contact: Joyce Fleury
President: Lynne Frerichs
Vice President: Sharon Harvey
Treasurer: Joyce Fleury
Directors: Connie Vosper, Lee Laviolette, Andy Foisy, and
Hall & Park Bookings: Joyce Fleury 250-308-2866
Hall Telephone: 250-547-6107